Current Scope of Practice
Jerry Ewing is a trial lawyer actively engaged in representing clients throughout the state in many areas of litigation including commercial litigation, commercial auto/trucking, construction, consumer law, employer liability, environmental law, general negligence, liquor liability, oil & gas, products liability, and professional liability.
- All North Texas Counties
- Central Texas
- East Texas
- West Texas
- Southern Methodist University School of Law, J.D. 1987
- Texas A&M University, B.S. Petroleum Engineering 1983, Honors: Pi Epsilon Tau
- Jerry has successfully tried numerous lawsuits with favorable results for his clients.
- Born Dallas, Texas, December 18, 1960.
- State Bar of Texas, 1987
- Admitted to the United States District Courts - Texas
- Eastern District
- Northern District
- Southern District
- Western District
- Dallas Bar Association
- Texas Association of Defense Counsel
- Defense Research Institute
- American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA)
Honors and Awards
- Rated AV® Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell
- Named to Legal Leaders Texas' Top Rated Lawyers list by LexisNexis Martindale-Hubbell for excellence in business and commercial and commercial litigation.
- Selected for inclusion in Texas Super Lawyers for 2015 through 2023, an honor bestowed on less than 5% of the practicing attorneys in the State of Texas.
- Selected for inclusion in the 2015 through 2023 Super Lawyers Business Edition (International)
Current Representative Litigation Matters
- Defending multiple commercial contractors in various construction litigation involving personal injuries and construction defects.
- Defending oil & gas operators and contractors in personal injury and property damage litigation.
- Defending national movie theater chain in premises liability litigation.
- Defending product suppliers and manufacturers in product liability litigation.
- Defending restaurants/retail establishments in liquor liability litigation.
- Defending commercial entities and trucking companies in personal injury litigation.
- Defending commercial businesses in premises and security litigation.
- Defending employers in employment liability disputes.
- Defending entities and individuals in professional liability litigation.
- AmTrust North America
- Amerisure Mutual Insurance Company
- BITCO Insurance Companies
- Cinemark USA, Inc.
- Nationwide Insurance Company
- Pennsylvania and Indiana Lumbermens Mutual Insurance Company
- Olshan Foundation Repair Company
- Selective Insurance Company
- Travelers Insurance Company
- U.S. Liability Insurance Group
- Zurich North America