Current Scope of Practice
Matt Montgomery is a trial lawyer who represents clients across the State of Texas in a wide range of litigation matters. He handles many areas of litigation including personal injury and tort defense, wrongful death, transportation and automobile related litigation, product liability, construction defect as well as non-subscriber & ERISA claims.
- Matt has served as lead trial attorney and successfully tried cases to verdict in the District and County courts of Dallas, Tarrant, Collin and Denton counties.
- Texas A&M University, B.B.A. Management, 2000
- Baylor University School of Law, J.D. 2003, Dean's List
- State Bar of Texas
- Dallas Bar Association
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- Texas, 2003
- U.S. District Court - Texas
Northern District - 2003
Eastern District - 2008
Honors and Awards
- Selected for inclusion in Texas Rising Stars for 2006, 2010 and 2017 by Texas Monthly magazine. This is an honor bestowed on only 2.5% of Texas attorneys under the age of 40.
- Board of Directors, Dallas First Presbyterian Church Developmental Day School
- St. Thomas Aquinas Catholic Church
- Knights of Columbus Council 799
Representative Litigation Matters
- Obtained no negligence defense jury verdict in an intersection collision case pending in Denton County.
- Successfully defended wrongful death case by obtaining a dismissal of all claims pending against the client after court granted Defendant's Special Appearance.
- Obtained defense jury verdict in rear end collision case pending in Dallas County when the jury found the Plaintiff 100% responsible for the accident.
- Received no negligence defense jury verdict in an intersection collision case pending in Dallas County.
- Obtained no negligence defense jury verdict in rear end collision case pending in Collin County.
Back to Top
Copyright © 2011 - 2018
Walters, Balido and Crain LLP
All Rights Reserved.